BIO-48 PRO 🇺🇸
BIO-48 PRO 🇺🇸
The Precision Marine Pro Series BIO 48 is designed for the fish only tank that requires intensive biological filtration to handle the high loads created by this type of system.
⬅︎ R48 Pro is photographed on a black background. No parts are black.
The BIO-48 PRO is built to order
Shown with optional pump chamber lid & available triple 1" drains
What Separates Precision Marine from the Competition
~ The Pro Series Difference ~
- ALL ¼” Thick Domestic Cell-Cast Acrylic Construction
- ⅜” Thick Custom Machined, Acrylic Micron Bag Bracket
- Micron Bags Sit Flush in Bracket
- Heavy-Duty ½” Thick Polypropylene Lid Over Micron bags
- USA Made Micron Bags
- Optional ½” Thick Polypropylene Pump Chamber Cover
The Precision Marine Pro Series takes filtration to the next level. With the Quiet-Flow System, incoming water from the tank is routed to an isolated chamber to capture and control any turbulence and direct that gentle flow of water into the micron bags for 100% mechanical filtration. With options for both 100 or 200 micron bags, you can control the degree of filtration for your individual system.
No cost-cutting measures are taken and the build quality is top-notch.
Magnetic probe-holder option gives you the ability to place your probes exactly where you want them.
Being a protein skimmer manufacturer for nearly 20 years, we understand the importance of a large area for a robust skimmer. Take a look at each of the models specifications to be sure your skimmer will fit. Don’t hesitate contacting us for advice on which skimmer to choose.
With provisions for a large, high-capacity protein skimmer, there will be plenty of gaseous exchange to blow off CO2 created by the biological section. In addition, the skimmer will strip the water of any unwanted dissolved organics. Holds .55 cubic feet (4 gallons) of media capacity.
Click the above table to enlarge
- Premium, optical-grade, cast acrylic construction throughout. NEVER and cost-cutting extruded acrylic
- ¼" thick acrylic used on EVERY piece. NO cost-cutting .220 or thinner material as seen on many others
- 8" Constant Water Level
- White baffles block light and prevent undesirable algae growth in other chambers.
- Dual - 100 or 200 micron bags for mechanical filtration
- ½” high density polyethylene lid over micron bags provides easy access to micron bags
- ⅜” thick, heavy-duty micron bags bracket w/precision-machined openings for micron bag flange
- Configured with dual 1½” or 3-1" Drains
- Final mechanical sponge chamber with sponge
- 5 space tubing holders for dosing or top-off
- Full top provides bracing on all sides
- 3D Slotted/Grooves for a perfect sheet of water & to strain any algae from refugium section to protect water pump
- Magnetic probe-holder option gives you the ability to place your probes exactly where you want them.
- Massive Skimmer Chamber
.55 cubic feet (4 gallons) of media capacity
We do not use .177 or .220 Acrylic on any parts
We recommend Cermedia ceramic bio-media. From their website:
MarinePure is designed to be a substrate for bio-filtration, specifically to target ammonia and nitrite removal (nitrification) and to minimize nitrates (denitrification). MarinePure is suitable for both freshwater and saltwater (marine) environments. MarinePure can be used fully submerged or in trickle/shower filters. It should not be used in moving bed filters.
BIO-48 PRO ships dock to terminal on a pallet for safe arrival.