The R48 PRO PLUS is our top of the line sumps. Included are all of the latest features and updates. All Precision Marine sumps are built using premium, optical-grade, cell-cast acrylic. All of the acrylic used is the same thickness and NEVER and cost-cutting extruded acrylic (many sumps have thinner acrylic for the dividers and full top).
Museum quality glue joints throughout. Precision Marine sumps are not slapped together. It takes 5 days from start to finish to build one sump! (Of course we don't build only one at a time)
Our clear polycarbonate lids are beefed up using ⅜ material. They will never warp or bend. Optional ⅜ polycarbonate lids cover the pump & refugium chambers.
Flush-fitted filter bags which snap in place keep the filter bags from floating
The perfect blend of heavy-duty construction and features.
What you can expect from a Precision marine Sump:
What you can expect with a Precision Marine sump:
♦ Museum Quality Glue Joints Throughout - No Bubbles!
♦ Heavy Gauge Cast Acrylic on ALL parts
♦ Perfect Baffle Spacing
♦ Precision Build Quality
- Premium, optical-grade, cast acrylic construction throughout. We NEVER use any cost-cutting extruded acrylic
- ¼” thick cell-cast acrylic used on EVERY piece. We never sneak any cost-cutting, .220 or thinner material as seen on many of our competitors
- White baffles block light and prevent undesirable algae growth in other chambers
- Installed 5-space probe-holder
- Custom cut outs with stay for routing skimmer pump cord & probe wires
- Custom cut out for routing return pump electrical cord.
- Adjustable water level from 7”- 9”with 2-piece, matched contour divider – Super trick!
- 5 – ¼” locking speed-fitting for leak free seal for dosing lines with included ¼” blue rigid tubing
- Custom length, dual 100 micron filter bags for mechanical filtration. Our filter bags are not 12” and do not fold at bottom!
- ⅜” Thick, heavy-duty filter bag bracket w/precision-machined openings for flush-fit filter bag flange
- ⅜” Heavy-weight, high density polyethylene lid over filter bags provides easy access while controlling salt spray and noise.
- Standard bubble trap with pre-filter sponge can be used as a combination media chamber
- Grooves for a perfect sheet of water & to strain any algae from refugium section to protect your water pump
- Full top provides bracing on all sides
- Massive Skimmer Chamber
This design flows 100% of the water evenly through 3 – 7″ filter bags